TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
GOVERNMENT OF GRENADA - MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BASIC NEEDS TRUST FUND IMPLEMENTING AGENCY (BNTFIA)
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE FACILITATION OF TRAINING IN RESULTS BASED MANAGEMENT, M&E SYSTEMS, AND PROJECT CYCLE MANAGEMENT
The Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF) is a poverty reduction Programme of the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) with ten participating borrowing member countries, which includes Grenada. Its mission is “To be a community development Programme that supports education, water & sanitation, community access & drainage, and economic activities; through skills training, organizational development, infrastructure, and services”. The BNTF Programme seeks to provide resources to poor communities to improve access to basic infrastructure services, provide temporary employment, enhance economic activity through skills enhancement; and reduce beneficiaries’ economic and social vulnerability to risks that impact on income and well-being.
Active engagement with the community is a priority for the Programme. The BNTF project in Grenada is executed by the Government of Grenada (GOG), Ministry of Finance through an Implementing Agency (IA), which is the BNTF Office. The IA is responsible for the day to day operations of the Programme. However, as part of its overall management, an Oversight Entity (OE) has been established to provide guidance and direction. The BNTF Programme now seeks to hire a Consultant to undertake training activities in the following areas: Results Based Management (RBM), M&E Systems, and Project Cycle Management (PCM). Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Training Consultant.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of the workshop is to improve the capacity of stakeholders (staff and board members) for sustained use of the RBM approach to improve the implementation of the BNTF Programme by enhancing participants’ familiarity with and understanding of the major concepts related to RBM, PCM and M & E systems.
The objectives are as follows:
1. To equip participants with the understanding of RBM approach, M & E Systems, and PCM;
2. To provide participants with tools and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report project success (inclusive of gender responsive results);
3. To aid participants in designing and adopting an appropriate Results Monitoring Framework to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of Programme activities;
SCOPE OF WORK/ACTIVITIES
The Consultant undertake to perform the services with the highest standards of professional and ethical competence and integrity. The Consultant is strongly encouraged to develop highly interactive and practical outputs for this consultancy. The Consultant is required to perform the following functions at minimum:
1. Collaborate with BNTF Grenada to develop and implement the training including:
a) Prepare and submit a Training Plan and for the delivery of the required training.
b) Developing and finalising the agenda for the training based on number of days agreed and share for feedback.
c) Developing/elaborating the following:
i. The methodology/approach to the training;
ii. A set of workshop materials. This set of materials should include a Participants’ Resource Package and a standard power point presentation. The power point presentation should be made available in an electronic form.
2. Provide necessary technical personnel to deliver the training;
3. Deliver virtual competency-based training to thirty (30) participants. The participants are a diverse group of professionals that are part of the BNTF Programme Oversight Entity and Project Staff;
4. Teach participants the key concepts of RBM, M&E Systems and PCM;
5. Introduce participants to relevant tools and methodologies utilized in RBM, M&E Systems and PCM;
6. Teach participants to design an appropriate Results Monitoring Framework to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of Programme activities;
7. Prepare an Evaluation Report at the end of the training, outlining the successes and shortcomings of the training, along with recommendations for future activities.
RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES
The Consultant(s) will provide:
1. A training plan which details the methodology /approaches and timelines associated with this consultancy and outlines a draft agenda for the training workshop;
2. The final agreed agenda for the training and the full complement of workshop materials. To be submitted a minimum of five (5) days prior to convening the workshop;
3. Facilitate the virtual training workshop based on the agreed agenda, training objectives and outputs; and
4. The Training Evaluation report on the training including a thorough evaluation of the workshop and recommendation for future workshops. To be submitted within two (2) weeks of the completion of the workshop.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE OF CONSULTANCY FIRM
The Consultant engaged should possess :
· A minimum of a postgraduate degree in a related area;
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and facilitating training workshops, particularly training of Government staff; and
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Results Based Management including programme development and execution and developing logical frameworks;
CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, LOGISTICS AND SUPERVISION
The Consultant will be hired under GOG MOF-BNTF terms of contract and supervised by the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit solely for the purpose of delivering the above outputs, within the agreed time frame. BNTF’s Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall provide necessary support to the Consultant in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy.
The Consultant’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy in accordance with the agreed contract deliverables.
The expected start date of the Consultancy is September 29th, 2020 - October 1st 2020. This workshop is expected to take place over a three day period.
Payment shall be made in three (3) installments of:
• 20% - upon submission and approval of Training Plan and Workshop Material;
• 60% - upon completion of the three-day training activities; and
• 20% - upon submission of the Training Evaluation Report.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All information pertaining to this consultancy (documents etc.) belong to and remain the property of the Government of Grenada through the Ministry of Finance (MOF) - BNTF as the Borrower as sole owner of all content and material, and exclusive rights over its use developed under this TOR. Thus, must be availed to upon completion and/or request at any time, during the execution of the contract.
INSTITUITIONAL AND ORGANISATION ARRANGEMENT
The Consultant will report to BNTF through the Project Manager to deliver the service efficiently.
The expected start date of the Consultancy is Tuesday September 29th, 2020.
The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is no later than 3:30 PM. on July 31, 2020 and can be sent to:
Ms. Najar Andall
Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF)
Rural Development Unit
GCNA Building Complex
Kirani James Boulevard,
For further information, please:
Telephone/call: (473) 435-6802/6803