CUSTOMS AND EXCISE DIVISION
-- EXCEMPTION FROM NEW PROCUREMENT PROCESS - TYRELL BAY PROJECT
To assist in (i) securing the social, economic and ecological environment of our country, (ii) the collection of revenue due to government and (iii) the facilitation of the movement of cargo and travelers by administering all laws and regulations relating to Customs with prudence, equity, integrity and impartiality.
To make our organization the premier division in the Ministry of Finance through continuous improvement in economy, efficiency and effectiveness in all operations.
To collect and protect all duties and taxes due to Government, protect national borders and facilitate trade.
To meet the challenges of the current external environment, the Grenada Customs Division has to focus on maintaining a high standard of enforcement while at the same time meeting the needs of everyone it serves. Fully embracing the above key international Customs values in dealing with customers will certainly assist the department in achieving its goals.
- Processing of documents for the importation and exportation of goods.
- Collection of import and export duties (Customs Revenue)
- Accounting for customs revenue.
- Facilitation of tax refunds.
- Enforcement of import and export prohibitions and restrictions in accordance with the laws.
- Encourage compliance by facilitating the clearance of legitimate imports and exports at Ports, Airport, Warehouses,Parcel - - Post, Courier Services and Sufferance Wharves.
- Facilitation of entry and departure of ships and Aircrafts to and from Ports, Airports and Marinas.
- Facilitation of bonds and deposits relative to imports and exports, including private warehouses and in-bond facilities.
- Facilitation of concessions.
- Seizure of drugs and contraband items.
- Processing of air and sea passengers and their baggage.
- Faciltation of stakeholders outside of official working hours.
- Complaints resolution/Customer Care
The main office of the Customs Department is located on the Carenage in St. George’s. There are also departments at the Point Salines International Airport, The Grenville and Carriacou Ports.