NO. 32/2016 DATE: June 28, 2016
IRD MAKING IT EASIER TO PAY PROPERTY TAXES
ST. GEORGE’S, GRENADA, Tuesday, June 28, 2016: The Inland Revenue Division (IRD) of the Ministry of Finance and Energy is reminding all taxpayers and the general public that the deadline to obtain the five percent (5%) rebate on Property Tax for 2016 is Thursday June 30th 2016.
The general public is also reminded that Thursday 30th June 2016 is the deadline to license vehicles within the following range:
· Plural letters – 751 to 999
· Single letters – 7501 to 9999
In order to better facilitate taxpayers’ payments for these deadlines, the IRD will make the following operating adjustments:
· Extended opening hours at IRD’s cash office, at the Ministry of Finance on the Carenage, from 7:00am to 4:30pm on Wednesday June 29th and Thursday June 30th 2016.
· Cashiers will be available at the Ministry of Finance’s car park on Thursday 30th June 2016, from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm to accommodate taxpayers who have their demand notices in hand, for the payment of Property Tax only.
· Cashiers will be stationed at the Government Printery at the Botanical Gardens in Tanteen, to receive payments for Property Taxes, Drivers Licences and Vehicle Licences between the hours of 8:00am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 3:00pm, onWednesday, June 29th and Thursday, June 30th, 2016.
- Payments can also be made at any District Revenue Office throughout the island and through the Ministry’s online portal: www.eservices.gov.gd. (Please use Chrome or Firefox platform).
The Inland Revenue Division will like to take this opportunity to thank all those who assisted and supported the Tax Caravan on Saturday, June 25th, 2016, on its journey around the island. The IRD appreciates your assistance and support in its efforts towards taxpayers’ compliance and enhanced service delivery.