GOVERNMENT OF GRENADA
Ministry of Finance, Planning, Economy Energy & Cooperatives
The Government of Grenada (GOG) has received funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) to embark on a six (6) year (2018-2024) – “Climate Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP)” and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds to eligible payments for which this invitation is issued.
The primary goal of the programme is to contribute to the reduction of poverty and vulnerability of men and women in rural communities in the tri-island state of Grenada.
The Ministry of Finance acting on behalf of the GOG now invites suitably qualified persons (National or Regional: Male or Female) to fill the position of Marketing Officer, Government of Grenada Climate-Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme (SAEP).
Main objective/Role of Officer
The Marketing Officer (MO) will be responsible for: supporting the Programme Technical Coordinator and the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) Programme Unit Coordinator in marketing issues, training extension workers and support farmers in marketing concepts and strategies as well as, developing/updating a database on market information (buyers, products, price, payment scheme) to make available to beneficiaries and technical support staff.
Qualifications and experience required:
· A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Social Sciences;
· At least three (3) years of proven experience in: development projects financed by external donors; Liaising with the Marketing & National Importing Board (MNIB), supermarkets, restaurants, hotels and other market outlets for agricultural and non-agricultural products; Report writing and Working in rural areas, particularly with rural organizations and groups;
· Experience with International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), World Bank or Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) financed projects;
· An understanding of rural production and markets and agricultural market’s dynamics;
· Ability to operate effectively in a team and contributing positively to working relationships;
· The willingness to work outside of formal working hours and days;
Type of Appointment: Individual
Duration of Contract: 3 years (performance review on a yearly basis)
Duty Station: MAREP/SAEP Office
Lower Main Street, Sauteurs
Compensation Package: Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience
Interested persons should send a letter of application and a detailed resume to the following two addresses;
Ministry of Finance, Planning, Economy
Energy & Cooperatives
MAREP – Programme Steering Committee
Ministry of Finance
Applications can also be sent electronically to and with the subject line: “Statement of Capability – Marketing Officer: Climate-Smart Agriculture and Rural Enterprise Programme.
Applications should reach Ministry of Finance no later than 4:00 PM on Friday 20th July, 2018.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.