- Must be active insured contributors to the NIS under the age of sixty years and are not eligible for other relief support provided by the Government under the Stimulus Programme 2.0.
- Unemployment assistance benefit will only be payable if the person was engaged in employment as an employee pursuant to section 24 of the Law immediately prior to April 1, 2020.
- Insured persons must reside in Grenada.
- Eligible persons must be on continuously extended layoff for at least two weeks for which wages have not been paid after September 1st, 2022.
- Works in a formal sector business.
- Became unemployed as a direct result of the pandemic.
- In cases where the employee makes the application, a letter of reference from their most recent employer is required. If a reference is not provided, such cases should be referred to the CESS for review and determination.
The Government of Grenada, through the Covid Economic Support Secretariat (CESS) has extended the Unemployment Benefit Assistance Programme. We invite applications from individuals whose income remains affected by unemployment caused by the pandemic.
Payment Amount: $500 Monthly